The grant is made available through the Federal Cooperative Forestry Assistance Act. Funding for VFA Grant comes from the USDA Forest Service, which awards the grant to the Wyoming State Forestry Division (WSFD).
WSFD administers the program and approves the grants to local fire departments. Eligible applicants serve rural areas and communities with a population of 10,000 or fewer inhabitants.
Fire departments approved for funding must match at least 50 percent of the total project cost with local funding. Application forms are available to all eligible fire departments to apply online.
Order of Operations for the Grant
- Notification that the Funds are available from WSFD
- Fill out VFA Online Application & Project Breakdown spreadsheet
- Application reviewed by WSFD staff
- Receive notification of application status
- Sign Grant Agreement, Form AD-1048, Form AD-1049
- Fill out W-9 if you do not have a Vendor Code (VC#)
- Make purchases
- Send proof of purchases and a signed Request for Reimbursement Form
- Receive 50% of the total cost of submitted invoices
Application Due Date:
January 15, 2019
Asst Fire Mgmt Officer