Educational & Technical Resources
Wyoming Tree Owner’s Manual & Trees For Wyoming
Do you have questions about trees and tree care but don’t know where to look? The Wyoming Tree Owner’s Manual and Trees For Wyoming brochure together will answer a broad range of tree care and trees selection questions that you might have. The Wyoming Tree Owner’s Manual is a comprehensive guide for tree care information and guidance and covers a wide range of topics including: selecting the proper tree, planting, pruning, how to hire an arborist and tree removal, to name a few.
The original guide was produced by the USDA Forest Service and became the standard guide for tree owners in the East and Midwest.
With their permission the Wyoming State Forestry Division made several minor revisions and additions to customize the manual to Wyoming. To download the guide, click here
Check out the new NRTS webpage for archived presentations and event information! Click the NRTS logo above.
Trees for Wyoming
The Trees For Wyoming brochure lists trees that will thrive in Wyoming’s harsh climate. To date, this is the most comprehensive list of deciduous and coniferous trees for Wyoming and includes several newly developed varieties and cultivars. You may be surprised with the number of trees that can grow in your community. Keep in mind that several factors will determine if a tree survives. The hardiness zone rating for your community is a critical factor and must be considered when choosing a tree. Also healthy nursery stock, proper planting, protection and watering are critical to the survival of a young tree. To download your own brochure, click here
Stately Trees for Wyoming
This poster was developed by Wyoming State Forestry Division and several partners to show the variety of large growing trees that are adaptable to Wyoming communities. Both deciduous and coniferous species are included. Drawings of each tree species include a mature tree, its leaves and fruit or cone. This poster can be downloaded here
Community Forestry Program Information
Wyoming Project Learning Tree:
Project Learning Tree is a nationally recognized environmental education curriculum
- Provides students with the awareness, appreciation, skills, and commitment to address environmental issues.
- Enables students to apply scientific processes and higher order thinking skills to resolve environmental problems.
- Helps students acquire an appreciation for and tolerance of diverse viewpoints on environmental issues and develop attitudes and actions based on analysis and evaluation of the available information
- Encourages creativity, originality, and flexibility to resolve environmental problems and issues.
- Inspires and empowers students to become responsible, productive, and participatory members of society.
- Check out the WY PLT website http://wyomingplt.org/
Wyoming PLT Coordinator Contact Information - Jessica Halverson
PO Box 713 Sundance, WY 82729 - 307-283-2954 - Jessica.Halverson1@gmail.com